Winters are harsh and just like you would love a warm blanket & some hot coffee on a cold winter day to snuggle into; the strays outside your home are no different. They too could use a cozy corner where they & their loved ones can snuggle up to stay warm. Here is how to build your own dog shelter for the friendly paws near you.
Building a cozy home isn’t a tall task…all you need is,
MATERIALS: Bricks, Sand, Cement, Stone, Water and lots of love
SIZE: Ideal size 2 feet by 3 feet with three walls
HELP: Hire a local mason in the area who comes handy with such materials
COST: Bricks [email protected] 6= INR 250-300 appx.
Cement [email protected] 8=INR 80-100 appx
Sand 2 bags = INR150
Stone Slab INR 150-200
Labour INR 200-300
Total Cost INR 900 -1200 appx.
*Please note that these are approximate costs, and it can be higher or lower depending on size and materials used.
Benefits of a Dog Shelter
- Keeps strays & their little one’s safe
- A cozy alternative to larger overbooked shelters
- Ensures they get their daily diet of a nutritious meal
- Keeps them away from danger & cruelty
- Easy sterilization and vaccination helps keep a check on stray population and diseases at bay
- Keeps YOU safe. A well-fed stray is not only friendly but makes for a loyal, neighbourhood guard dog
- Clean neighbourhood with specified feeding points
- Fosters a sense of community spirit
- Great opportunity for those who cannot afford proper pet care or a pet due to paucity of time.
Happy Building !
If you are unable to build and have an urge to build then tell us on 09711151709 we will do it for you.