The Inner World contains links to other sites and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Website that collects Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
The Inner World gathers information about its users mainly to enhance their experience on the site and on email newsletters. This information is used to bring you content that is relevant to your interests. Additionally, The Inner World, along with our advertising partners, gather information about you anonymously to provide you with more targeted advertising messages that are catered to your location and interests. You can opt out of information gathering for advertising purposes below.
Personal Information/ Information You Directly Provide To The Inner World (TIW):
When registering, commenting, or signing up for newsletters, you may provide The Inner World with personal information, including but not limited to:
- Personal contact information (name, zip code, e-mail address, phone numbers)
- User names (including social media user names)
- Correspondence with The Inner World staff
You are not required to provide The Inner World with any personal information in order to use the site. All information that is collected is the sole property of the site, and that information is not distributed outside of the site unless required by law.
Non-Personal Information Automatically Collected
This type of information is collected anonymously through the use of tracking technology using third-party cookies, web beacons, and other similar methods. No Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is collected through this methodology. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Hardware/software information (geographic location, IP address, browser type, device type, operating system, bandwidth, etc.)
- Analytics information (time spent on site, number of pages viewed, referring web page, browsing information, etc.)
- Advertising information (type of ads seen, number of times ads were served, pages where the ads were served)
- Information collected through HTML cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
Information Collected Through Third-Party Sources
This type of information is collected anonymously by approved third-party partners (such as online marketing firms, research companies, social media companies, ad targeting firms, and other partners). None of the information collected by these sources contains any PII. This type of information includes but is not limited to:
- Demographic information (gender, age, HHI, job title, interests, etc.)
- Advertising information (clicks, interactions, post-impression performance data)
- Social networking information (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Research information (data collected from partners such as Nielsen, Comscore, Quantcast, etc.)
- Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law.
- Please note that the Site may combine the information that we collect with information we obtain fromthird-party sources.
What Is Done With The Collected Information?
Email Communications: The Inner World may use the information that you submit to send you email communications, such as newsletters, breaking news, information about the site, alerts, and promotional messages from advertising partners.
Mobile Communications: With your consent, we may use your mobile number to send you promotions, notifications, or other services.
Site Analysis: The Inner World uses the information collected through third-party sources to learn and analyze how the site is used. We use this information to enhance the site by making improvements based on the data collected.
Advertising: Display Ads are delivered from our adserver. At times third-party information is used to deliver targeted ads to you, your location, and your interests. We also use Third-Party Ad Platforms (such as Google AdSense) to deliver ads on our site. No PII is exchanged with any type of advertising message on The Inner World.
User Accounts: To provide you with an open, but also civil, discussion forum, we track user involvement in our community discussions. For example, we keep track of the ratio of how many flagged comments are eventually deleted in order to award badges to our most effective comment moderators.
Request Fulfilment: We may use the information that we collect to fulfil your requests for services and information. For example, we may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the Site such as surveys, polls and message boards.
Enforcement: We may use the information that we collect to prevent illegal activities, and to otherwise protect our rights and the rights of our users.
In addition to the uses identified above, we may use the information that we collect for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
How We Share Information Collected
There are very few specific circumstances when your information is shared outside of the company, these circumstances include but are not limited to:
- If you comment or use the Facebook app on The Inner World, the information you submit (including your social media user name, etc.) is viewable to the public.
- The Inner World may need to disclose personal information to comply with a judicial proceeding, a court order, or any other legal process.
- We employ third-party services to distribute email newsletters and these third-parties have access to specific information only for the purposes of fulfilling contracts on our behalf
The Inner World does not allow any third-party company to use your email address for commercial purposes without your expressed permission. We will send you newsletter communications, partner sponsorship messages, account alerts, and any other emails you have requested to receive.
Children Under 13: The Inner World does not knowingly target advertising to, or collect information from children under the age of 13.
Security: The Inner World uses all reasonable means to safeguard data against unauthorized use and theft.
A-80, South Ext-Part 2, New Delhi-110-049.
Phone: +91- 26253373-74
A cookie (otherwise known as an HTTP cookie) is a small piece of code which can be sent from a web site or banner ad and stored on a user’s web browser. The cookie stores data such as preferences, previous activity, and other information. For more information on HTTP cookies and other online advertising definitions please visit the IAB’s web site.