A tree, since it is rooted in earth, is a phenomenal source of prana. When you nurture a tree and water it daily, and then hug it for five minutes, there is phenomenal flow of prana inside you.
- Recycle in a smart way. Some good ways to do this are:
– Throw paper and cardboard in a bag separately from cans, glass and plastics
– Look for tips on recycling so you know that your efforts will be rewarded with recycled material
– Cut down on and share magazines, return unwanted catalogs to the sender
- Before printing a picture or document, ask yourself, “Do I really need to print this out?”
- Try to use both sides of your papers. Make a draft box where you put all the papers that have been printed on one side and use them as draft papers.
- Try to use non-glossy newspapers, as they are difficult to recycle due to their topped coat of clay.
- Stop cutting trees. Remember to plant trees.
- Re-use wrapping paper. Wrapping paper is hard to recycle.
- Give a small tree. Small trees make beautiful gifts when going to a dinner or to a neighbour’s house.
- Use scrap paper whenever you can, instead of writing them on a new sheet, especially for things like taking down phone messages.