1. Bananas – They are rich in potassium and increase the production of mucus in the stomach which prevents the excess acid formation.
2. Cold milk – It contains a high amount of calcium which helps to maintain the ph balance and absorbs the excess acid produced.
3. Cold buttermilk – It is a naturally occurring probiotic and contains lactic acid that neutralizes the acidity in the stomach.
4. Fennel seeds – They contain a compound called anethole which works as a soothing agent for the stomach and helps in relieving constipation.
5. Tulsi leaves – It stimulates our stomach to produce more mucus and curbs gas production.
6. Pineapple juice – It is a tried and tested remedy to reduce hyperacidity.
7. Aloe vera juice – It is also known to be a coolant and a natural remedy to relieve heartburn.
8. Raw almonds – They are regarded as a natural remedy for ulcers and to relieve acidity since ancient times.
9. Mint leaves or pudina – Pudina also help when suffering from indigestion or acidity as they are one of the best coolants available in nature.
10. Cloves – They have alkaline and carminative properties and help to soothe inlamed and damaged stomach lining thus proving very beneicial for stomach spasms.
11. Ginger – It has properties that destroy the acidity triggering pylori bacteria, decreases inlammation, minimizes nausea and calms the stomach muscles. When suffering from severe indigestion and acidity, combine 1 tbsp of ginger and lemon juice with 2 tbsp of honey in warm water.
12. Garlic – Including garlic in your everyday meals can actually stimulate your stomach health.
13. Gooseberries or amla – Amla in Ayurveda is considered a Sattvik food which means it is a food that has an overall calming effect on our body, which makes it a natural deterrent for acidity. Amla also contains a high amount of vitamin C which helps in healing the injured stomach lining and oesophagus.
14. Papaya – It has enzyme papain and reduces gastric acid secretion and gives relief from acidity.
15. Ajwain – Consumption of ajwain gives relief from acidity and flatulence as it is an effective anti- acidic agent.