The chilly winter winds bring redness to your cheeks but also leaves your skin dry and itchy. A homemade sugar scrub is the easiest way to soften, exfoliate and pamper your skin during the winter months.
Sugar along with being a natural sweetener helps to rejuvenate the skin by cleaning all the dirt from the skin pores. It also helps to maintain the skin’s oil
balance and softens the skin. Skin is the largest organ of our body. Indulge your skin in the rich benefits of a sugar scrub once every week and keep it soft and
• 2 cups Raw Sugar – Sugar helps to condition and moisturize the skin and sloughs off dead skin cells.
• 2 tsp Honey – Honey has been the answer to a youthful skin since time immemorial. It helps in boosting the complexion and unclogging
the skin pores.
• 1 Vanilla Pod or Vanilla Essential Oil – A rich source of Vitamin B, vanilla soothes the skin and also helps in keeping the skin healthy.
• ½ cup Coconut Oil – Coconut oil prevents the skin from cracking. Being a rich source of protein, it helps do away with dry and hard skin keeping it rich in moisture.
• 2 tbsp Almond Oil – Almond Oil is a rich source of Vitamin A, B and E. It helps to nourish the skin making it soft and smooth while retaining its natural glow.
• 2 tsp Lemon Juice – Lemon juice has natural antibacterial properties which helps it in removing the top layer of dead cells. It helps in lightning the complexion along with toning oily skin. Procedure
• In a container, mix raw sugar and lemon juice very gently with a spoon.
• Add honey, coconut oil and almond oil and stir with a spoon so that all the ingredients are mixed well.
• Slit the vanilla pod into small pieces and add to the mixture. You can also add 1 tsp of vanilla essential oil and enjoy the rich, cosy and
comforting aroma of your vanilla body scrub.
Apply on skin, exfoliate and rinse. The scrub has a shelf life of 1 month and should be kept in cool and dry places for best results.