There is a saying that, “The road to heaven is not easy.” That is how it feels for most women when it comes to taking care of their skin. We don’t realise the worth of a thing until we see it going away from our hands. The bitter truth is that, for temporary satisfaction, we spend lots of money over skin whitening products, lotions, creams, all thanks to the slimming and beauty clinics that assure us a magical skin and instant beauty. Often, such cosmetic expeditions spell disaster for our skin and overall health, given the plethora of toxic ingredients found in most. SLS, SLES, phthalates, mineral oil, talc…these are some of the known ingredients in most beauty products and all of them are known endocrine disruptors and carcinogens. Knowing this, there is a growing majority who are doing their own experiments in the kitchen. For those creative women, I would like to share a beauty mantra which I found extremely beneficial – papaya.
HOW TO USE PAPAYA FOR SKIN
Since time immemorial Papaya is known to reduce acne and skin blemishes. The following easy steps can be followed to reduce acne and to leave your skin radiant.
- Mash an organic raw papaya in a blender
- Apply this paste evenly on your skin and leave for 25 minutes. (In case of dry skin, a few drops of organic honey can be added to the paste)
- Wash with tepid water and pat dry
Papaya is also used for its bleaching properties. Being a great cure for skin tan, it also evens the skin tone. For a good complexion, a papaya face pack can be applied. For this,
- Mash an organic papaya
- Add honey, yoghurt, egg white and lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients well till they turn into a thick paste
- Wash your face thoroughly before application
- Apply the mixture on your face as a facial mask and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes
- Now use lukewarm water to rinse it off and pat dry
The paste can be used not only to whiten the face but it also helps in whitening the arms and legs.