How it helps
- Prevents UVB-induced Aging: Mango prevents collagen damage. Collagen is a protein that keeps your skin elastic and prevents signs of aging.
- Contains Antioxidants: Mango contains beta-carotene and vitamins C and E, which are free radical scavengers, great for the skin.
- Exhibits Anti-Inflammatory Properties: Mango can treat chronic cases of inflammation quite effectively. A study found that mango extracts have analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects due to the presence of polyphenols.
- Has Antibacterial and Antifungal Properties: Studies have proved that mango can prevent a wide range of bacterial, fungal, and microbial attacks on your skin. Mango extracts (peel and seed) contain gallates, proanthocyanidins, and gallotannins, which fight fungal infections. Another study found that mango extracts could inhibit the growth of bacteria, such as Staphylococcus aureus (acne-causing bacteria), Bacillus cereus (cause food poisoning), Pseudomonas aeruginosa (cause dermatitis, bone and joint infection, and urinary tract and respiratory system infections), and Escherichia coli (cause food poisoning and breathing issues).
3 Mango Face Packs For Glowing and Healthy Skin
Here are a few simple and easy mango face pack recipes you can try out.
- Mango And Wheat Flour Face Pack : For Bright & Glowing Skin
You Will Need: 1 tablespoon ripe mango pulp, 1 tablespoon wheat flour, 1 teaspoon honey (you can use milk too)
Mix all the ingredients well to make a thick paste. If the consistency is too thick, adjust the quantity of honey/milk. Use your fingers to massage the paste on your face. Apply the paste to your face and neck in a circular motion. You can also apply it on your hands. Allow it to dry. Wash with cold water.
Why This Works: Wheat flour removes dead cells from the surface of your skin, leaving it smooth, soft, and glowing. Mango and honey reduces the chances of acne as they are full of antioxidants and prevent inflammation.
- Mango And Gram Flour Face Pack : For Tan Removal
You Will Need: 4 tablespoons mango pulp, 2 tablespoons gram flour (besan), 1 teaspoon honey, 1 teaspoon yogurt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Make a thick paste and use your fingers to spread it on your face. Leave it on to dry and then wash with cold water.
Why This Works: Besan is not only an amazing exfoliating agent, but it also helps in tan removal. Yogurt helps in lightening tan and blemishes while honey keeps the skin hydrated.
- Mango And Sugar Face Pack : For Exfoliating Your Skin
You Will Need: 1 ripe mango pulp, 1 tablespoon brown sugar (you can also use finely ground white sugar), 1 teaspoon raw milk
Collect the mango pulp in a bowl. Add the milk to it and blend.Add the sugar and mix well. Take a small quantity on your fingers and gently scrub your face. Do it for 10 minutes.Leave it on to dry. Wash off with cold water.
Why This Works: Sugar is an excellent scrub. It contains antioxidants that keep your skin clear and prevent infection and inflammation. Raw milk and mango help in removing skin impurities and reduce pigmentation.