Putting on makeup is a lot of fun. Removing it, is a horror for most women. Makeup wipes and liquid removers seem convenient but they sting and irritate the eyes. Using any type of cleanser inevitably strips the skin of its natural oils either making it dry and rough or leaving it extra oily.
Healthy and effective makeup removal can happen without resorting to chemicals and while staying within the bounds of kitchen cabinets and refrigerator. Here are a few natural ways to remove your makeup and refresh your skin without the use of harsh chemicals:
Coconut Oil – Known as the ‘Jack of all Trades’, coconut oil is one of the most versatile health and beauty products used around the world. Rich in vitamin E and proteins, organic cold-pressed coconut oil can work wonders for the skin leaving it fresh even after removing makeup.
- Take a small scoop of coconut oil and apply it on your face or the area from which you want to remove makeup.
- Let it sit on your skin for around 5 seconds and then wipe it with a clean cotton pad or a cotton cloth.
- Then rinse your face with tepid water and gently wipe.
- This will instantly remove the makeup leaving your skin soft and refreshed.
Olive Oil – Being rich in vitamin E and vitamin A, olive oil hydrates the skin and helps prolong youth. Widely used for regenerating the skin cells, olive oil acts as an excellent makeup remover. It gently removes the makeup and nourishes the skin at the same time.
- Put a few drops of olive oil on a damp cotton pad and gently wipe away the makeup from your face.
- In case of heavy makeup, massage your face with olive oil first, and then wipe it with a washcloth saturated with warm water.
- Then rinse your face with warm water and gently wipe.
Cucumber – Most of the beauty products use cucumber as one of their main ingredients. Cucumber helps to revitalize and rejuvenate the skin. Along with hydrating the skin, it also helps in removing skin blemishes.
- Blend a cucumber into a paste.
- Use this paste as a cleanser and apply on the face.
- Massage it gently and wipe it with a damp cotton cloth.
Cucumbers have anti-inflammatory properties thus it will help to soothe the irritated skin along with removing makeup.