The harsh summer sun makes it a difficult time for the skin, leaving it burnt and darkened. Majority opt for quick fixes like sessions of bleach or use chemical laden cosmetic products for instant tan removal. Let me warn the reader, most such products take a serious toll on our delicate skin showing fatal side-effects in the long run. Therefore, it is best to choose home remedies to get rid of that tan, for it not only heals but also leaves the skin glowing and radiant.
ALOE LEMON FACIAL MASK
Aloe vera was known as the ‘Plant of Immortality’ in ancient Egypt. It has been used since time immemorial for its healing property. Lemon juice on the other hand contains citric acid that has natural lightening properties. The combination of both has miraculous effects.
- Extract the gel from a freshly cut aloe vera stem.
- Put it in a blender and add the juice of half a lemon. Blend the mixture for 30-60 seconds to get the magical facial mask.
- Apply the mask on your face and neck and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse with tepid water.
- Avoid immediately exposing your skin to direct sun.
Repeat this for 15 days to see the miraculous results.
CREAMY STRAWBERRY SURPRISE
Strawberry has been rightly called the ‘Queen of Fruits’. It doesn’t just satisfy your taste-buds but is also a proven beauty enhancer that can work wonders for your skin. Since ancient times milk cream is being used in beauty rituals. It is a treasure trove of vital nutrients leaving your skin cleansed and refreshed.
- Take a handful of organic strawberries and form a pulp in the blender.
- Add 1/4 cup of fresh milk cream. Mix the ingredients together to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on your face and neck avoiding the eyes.
- Rinse after 15-20 minutes to get glowing, lighter skin.
For best results use twice a week.
Tips to BEAT THE HEAT
- Stay indoors during scorching afternoons.
- Apply sunscreen before going outdoors.
- Wear light-coloured clothes and cover hands and legs properly.
- Drink plenty of water and fresh juices to avoid dehydration.
- Avoid rigorous physical activity.
- Apply a mixture of cold milk and ice on the face for 15-20 minutes before going out.