Hands are an important part of a person’s persona; they are used to gesticulate emotions. We use them throughout the day for various purposes and they are one of the most used parts of our body. Movement of hands is also an indicator of what a person is thinking! Hands are an important part of our body and it is amongst the first things we notice in others.
Hands give away a person’s age quicker than the face does. We use our hands throughout the day for some work or the other but neglect it the most. We use detergents, soaps, various chemicals and unknowingly touch a lot of filth and dirt which not only damages the skin but also causes premature ageing.
A little care will go a long way in ensuring pretty hands.
- Wear protective gloves while using harsh detergents and chemicals.
- Keep your hands clean at all times.Did you know that the World Health Organisation has recommended the use of ash for hand washing, when soap is not available? In fact, it is supposed to be as effective as soap in removing bacteria!
- Use mild soap to wash your hands and do not overuse sanitisers. Research has shown that their overuse makes one resistant to antibiotics. Moreover, most of them contain triclosan which is known to cause hormonal disruptions.
- Use home-made scrubs once in a few days to remove dirt and dead skin build-up.
- Just mix 1/2 tsp olive or coconut oil, 1/2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp brown sugar and use this instant scrub once a week or in a fortnight
- Moisturise your hands. You can make this simple hand lotion at home. Take 3 tbsp lanolin, 1 tbsp ghee and 6 tbsp sesame oil. Mix all and use everyday on clean hands.
- Pamper your hands with periodic massage. This improves blood circulation and also relaxes stressed out and overused hands.
Take care of your hands, they signal and spread strength and love through touch.
Author: Anajan Rajguru